VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. (AP) - A dog is being blamed for starting a fire that heavily damaged a Virginia Beach home.
City fire spokesman Tim Riley says officials believe the Rottweiler's paw hit a knob as the dog was going after food stored above a gas stove.
Media outlets report the stove ignited the kitchen cabinets in the one-story home.
No one was home at the time. A neighbor rescued the dog before firefighters arrived.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
A fallen police officer's daughter gets a swarm of support. (Photos)
The Galapagos Islands are now just a click away. (Photos)
Star-studded event raises millions for AIDS research. (Photos)
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)