Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Crofton man seriously injured in leaf blower fire

Wednesday - 11/28/2012, 10:45am  ET

CROFTON, Md. - An 83-year-old Crofton man was flown to the hospital after a leaf blower he was using caught fire.

The Capital of Annapolis ( http://bit.ly/SqaS7n) reports fire officials were called Monday to the 2100 block of Davidsonville Road and found the man suffering from second and third degree burns covering half of his body.

A fire department spokesman says the man's injuries were serious but not life- threatening.

The spokesman said the man's clothing caught fire from the leaf blower. A person driving by saw what was happening and stopped his car to help.

___

Information from: The Capital of Annapolis, Md., http://capitalgazette.com


(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)