RISING SUN, Md. - Fire officials say a blaze that killed a 3-year-old in Rising Sun was caused by a portable space heater that fell from a dresser.
Alyssa Johnson died in Saturday's fire, which destroyed her family's mobile home. The medical examiner says the toddler died from smoke inhalation and burns.
The State Fire Marshal's Office said Wednesday that a space heater became entangled with clothes and other combustible materials when it fell and ignited the fire. Officials say no working smoke alarm was found in the home.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
WTOP takes an all-electric motorcycle for a test drive. (Video)
Ryan Gosling is breaking hearts at the Cannes Film Festival.
A tornado survivor finds an answer to prayer in the rubble. (Video)