RISING SUN, Md. - Fire officials say a blaze that killed a 3-year-old in Rising Sun was caused by a portable space heater that fell from a dresser.
Alyssa Johnson died in Saturday's fire, which destroyed her family's mobile home. The medical examiner says the toddler died from smoke inhalation and burns.
The State Fire Marshal's Office said Wednesday that a space heater became entangled with clothes and other combustible materials when it fell and ignited the fire. Officials say no working smoke alarm was found in the home.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
The U. of Oregon is cracking down on a fan favorite.
The pope invited a teen with Down Syndrome up to his car for a spin.
Lil Wayne: I wasn't intentionally stepping on the U.S. flag. (Video)
Sage Moonblood, Pilot Inspektor, Diva Thin Muffin. The list goes on.