YORK, Va. - York County firefighters say a propane leak caused an explosion on a recreational vehicle. A couple and their two grandchildren were badly burned.
The Daily Press ( http://bit.ly/KPcD5I) reports that three campers who heard the explosion at a KOA campground Friday night rushed to the scene and helped three people out of the RV. The boy was found a short distance away. All four suffered second- and third-degree burns.
Camper Michael Frankenthaler, a doctor, wrapped the victims in wet towels to ease the burn wounds. Frankenthaler said more campers came to help, and they worked to make sure the victims didn't go into shock while they awaited transport to a Richmond hospital.
The victims' names and conditions were not released, but Frankenthaler said he was told they were all recovering Sunday.
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
"Jenny from the Block" wants you to buy Verizon phones from her.
French universities could say goodbye to this language in class.
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)
Which big cat had some trouble coughing this up? (Photos)