Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Propane tank explosion at D.C. museum injures 1

Friday - 5/11/2012, 12:38pm  ET

WASHINGTON - D.C. officials say a man was severely burned when a propane tank exploded at the National Building Museum.

The Washington Post reports a caterer's propane tank exploded Thursday and caused a flash fire inside the building about 6 p.m. The newspaper says http://bit.ly/IGfKOQone man was taken to a hospital with serious burns that could be life-threatening.

Further details weren't immediately released.

The National Building Museum, which is located a few blocks from the National Mall, tells the stories of architecture, engineering, and design. It has exhibitions and sponsors public programs and festivals.

___

Information from: The Washington Post, http://www.washingtonpost.com


(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)