HAGERSTOWN, Md. (AP) - The Hagerstown Fire Marshal's Office says an apartment blaze that killed a woman and her 3-year-old daughter was started when a burner on a kitchen stove was turned on.
Patricia Goins died in the April 18 fire; her daughter Hope died four days later. Hope's father and grandfather were injured in the fire.
Officials said Monday that it was unclear how the burner was turned on because storage in front of the stove prevented access to the control knobs.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
WTOP takes an all-electric motorcycle for a test drive. (Video)
What will you be doing when you're 81? Probably not this.
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)