(AP) - Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Dan Pompei of the Chicago Tribune:
DAN POMPEI (Chicago Tribune)
1. New York Giants _ How would an Eli Manning-Peyton Manning Super Bowl strike you?
2. Atlanta _ When everyone was busy watching Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, Matt Ryan was the best passer in the first half of the NFL season.
3. Chicago _ Their offense has been all promise, no payoff. Unless Jay Cutler and company start putting together more scoring drives, the Bears can't keep it going.
4. Houston _ They will get a chance to show Mario Williams how much he is missed Sunday
5. San Francisco _ If they can keep Alex Smith playing like he played Monday, look out.
6. Green Bay _ They are managing to tread water through some injuries _ that's the sign of a strong team.
7. New England _ After the bye, the Patriots could be ready to embark on their annual second half tear.
8. Baltimore _ No truth to the rumor that Joe Flacco is going to play both ways in order to do for the Ravens defense what he has done for their offense.
9. Denver _ Looks like they should keep getting better and run away with the AFC West.
10. Minnesota _ They cannot be as bad as the team we saw last Thursday. Can they?
11. Miami _ Joe Philbin is an early candidate for coach of the year and the Dolphins are the NFL's surprise team so far.
12. Pittsburgh _ What does it tell us when more people are talking about the uniform than the team?
13. Indianapolis _ The Colts are not a bad football team. And with Vick Ballard, they might not be a bad high jump team either.
14. Detroit _ If anyone can find Calvin Johnson, please let Matthew Stafford know where he is.
15. Seattle _ If you judged them strictly by their road record (1-4), they'd be at the bottom of these rankings.
16. Dallas _ They remain a scary team to play. And a scary team to coach, apparently.
17. Arizona _ If history is a guide, the Cardinals, who started 4-0 and then lost four straight, are due for a four game win streak.
18. Washington _ Injuries on both sides of the ball have impacted this team to a significant degree.
19. Philadelphia _ It's difficult to envision Nick Foles saving the season for the Eagles.
20. Tampa Bay _ They might not be Super Bowl bound, but you can see progress under first year coach Greg Schiano.
21. San Diego _ They have lost three straight and San Diego is starting to look for scapegoats.
22. Cincinnati _ Three straight losses have the Bengals reeling, but they can't be counted out just yet.
23. New Orleans _ Steve Spagnuolo would like a magic wand. Or a pass rush. Or some run defense. Or some decent coverage.
24. St. Louis _ They can blame what happened Sunday on the fish and chips. Or on Tom Brady.
25. Buffalo _ Maybe they had time during their off week to fix some of the leaks in their defense.
26. New York Jets _ Rex Ryan barely is recognizable without being cocky. But he has little to be cocky about these days.
27. Tennessee _ Mike Munchak says Jake Locker is not "a long ways away." The Titans, however, may be.
28. Oakland _ Don't look now but the Raiders have won two straight. Never mind that the teams they beat were the Jaguars and Chiefs.
29. Cleveland _ Trent Richardson and stingy defense are a pretty decent combination.
30. Carolina _ They may be one of those teams that will play tough almost every week but find a way to lose the game.
31. Kansas City _ This team could use a shakeup. Is trading Dwayne Bowe the answer?
32. Jacksonville _ The Jaguars are feisty, but they need playmakers to step up.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Drones, airliners and fighter jets at the Paris Air Show. (Photos)
In the spotlight, under pressure, oh how she botched her answer.
Google launches Internet-beaming balloons. (Video)
David J. Peterson had to create a language for 'Game of Thrones.'