Ballot and comments from AP Pro 32 panel voter Clifton Brown of Sporting News:
CLIFTON BROWN (Sporting News)
1. New England Patriots -- Offense is lethal, with Tom Brady having an MVP caliber season.
2. San Francisco 49ers -- Defense is dynamite, and Colin Kaepernick adds new dimension.
3. Denver Broncos -- If Knowshon Moreno is consistent, that will be a huge lift for the offense.
4. New York Giants -- Tough opponents still bring out their best. That's a good sign.
5. Chicago Bears -- Without Jay Cutler, they are nothing special. With him, they could be.
6. Houston Texans -- Their defense looks more vulnerable, but Matt Schaub is on a roll.
7. Baltimore Ravens -- When you don't play well and win, that's the sign of a good team.
8. Atlanta Falcons -- Better to have 10 wins and skeptics, than fewer wins and more praise.
9. Cincinnati Bengals -- Playing best football right now, which could lead to playoff berth.
10. New Orleans Saints -- Loss to 49ers hurt. Could be the best team that misses the playoffs.
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Their effort is consistent, and their wild card hopes remain alive.
12. Washington Redskins -- RG3 vs. Giants should make for an electric Monday night.
13. Green Bay Packers -- They have to protect Aaron Rodgers better to reach the Super Bowl.
14. Indianapolis Colts -- With each victory, an improbable playoff season appears likely.
15. Seattle Seahawks -- Their struggles on the road could cost them a wild card spot.
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Capable of teasing you, but they are incapable of playing consistently.
17. San Diego Chargers -- Losses that should have been wins -- an old story for Norv Turner.
18. Detroit Lions -- Ndamukong Suh continues to make more controversy than big plays.
19. Carolina Panthers -- Maybe Cam Newton's feel-good night vs. Eagles will spark him.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers -- Seems like half the team is injured. They need Big Ben -- badly.
21. Cleveland Browns -- This team is playing hard for Pat Shurmur. That could save him.
22. Miami Dolphins -- Ryan Tannehill is tough and talented, which bodes well for future.
23. St. Louis Rams -- Making strides under Jeff Fisher, and Steven Jackson is still solid back.
24. Minnesota Vikings -- After a strong start, this team looks vulnerable to a late-season slide.
25. Buffalo Bills -- Play-calling, defense, turnovers -- something always seems to be amiss.
26. New York Jets -- Thanksgiving exposed the Jets as pretenders not contenders.
27. Arizona Cardinals -- Their quarterback situation is sad, and there may not be a quick fix.
28. Philadelphia Eagles -- A team playing out the season -- poorly. Defense is simply horrible.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Chad Henne makes their offense more effective and explosive.
30. Tennessee Titans -- Firing Chris Palmer can't solve all this team's offensive problems.
31. Oakland Raiders -- The Raiders are yielding 42.2 points per game since Week 9.
32. Kansas City Chiefs -- The Chiefs have not reached 20 points in a game since September.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.