WASHINGTON -- College football season may be months away, but ticket prices for marquee matchups are already soaring, according to an NBCsports.com survey.
According to data used from TiqIQ's average prices, the most expensive seat right now is for the Texas-UCLA matchup to be played at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Sept. 13.
The top 10 matchups feature 15 teams from five different conferences, including the ACC (Clemson, Florida State), Big Ten (Michigan, Ohio State), Big 12 (Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas), PAC-12 (UCLA) and SEC (Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Texas A&M), as well as football independent Notre Dame. Prices are listed by average cost, followed by cheapest ticket listed:
- Texas-UCLA (Arlington, Texas): $770/$144
- Ohio State-Michigan (Columbus, Ohio): $727/$372
- LSU-Alabama (Baton Rouge, Louisiana): $639/$317
- Texas-Oklahoma (Dallas): $591/$251
- Texas A&M-Arkansas (Arlington, Texas): $586/$159
- Notre Dame-Michigan (South Bend, Indiana): $536/$286
- Oklahoma State-Florida State (Arlington, Texas): $492/131
- Georgia-Clemson (Athens, Georgia): $472/$248
- Georgia-Auburn (Athens, Georgia): $468/$203
- Alabama-Auburn (Tuscaloosa, Alabama): $454/$298
See the full list of the top 25 priciest tickets at NBCsports.com.
© 2014 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.