Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

Oslo university rejects mass killer's application

Wednesday - 8/7/2013, 5:50am  ET

OSLO, Norway (AP) -- The University of Oslo says it has rejected convicted mass killer Anders Behring Breivik's application for admission to its political science program.

University rector Ole Petter Ottersen told The Associated Press in an email Wednesday that the 34-year-old right-wing extremist has been informed "that his qualifications do not suffice for admission to the bachelor program."

Breivik is serving a 21-year prison sentence, which can be extended when it expires, for killing 77 people in bomb and gun massacres two years ago.

His university application stirred a debate in Norway last week over whether someone convicted of such a horrific crime should even be considered for higher education.

Prison officials said they had no reason to deny him the right to study in his cell if admitted by a university.


Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.