SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Roughly 3,500 U.S. colleges and universities raised a total of $31 billion in the 2012 fiscal year, according to an annual college fundraising survey by the Council for Aid to Education in New York.
Here are the top 10 fundraising campuses:
1. Stanford University, Stanford, Calif. -- $1.035 billion
2. Harvard University, Cambridge, Mass. -- $650 million
3. Yale University, New Haven, Conn. -- $544 million
4. University of Southern California, Los Angeles -- $492 million
5. Columbia University, New York -- $490 million
6. Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore -- $480 million
7. University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia -- $441 million
8. University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley, Calif. -- $405 million
9 New York University, New York -- $396 million
10. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, Mass. -- $379 million
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Robin Roberts will write a memoir about her struggle with illness.
French universities could say goodbye to this language in class.
This cutie needs a new home. She's WTOP's Pet of the Week.
Ryan Gosling is breaking hearts at the Cannes Film Festival.