SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) - Spokane fire officials say a hydrochloric acid spill in a stairwell sent students and staff members home early on Tuesday from a Spokane high school.
A fire department hazmat crew responded and cleaned up the mess at Lewis and Clark High School.
The Spokesman-Review reports ( http://is.gd/x1Dbrj) that a student science assistant was transporting the jug of the poisonous, corrosive acid when the spill occurred.
Assistant Fire Chief Brian Schaeffer said the spill was likely inadvertent and there was no threat to students. There were no reported injuries or damage to the school.
The school was evacuated just after noon. Classes will resume Wednesday morning.
Information from: The Spokesman-Review, http://www.spokesman.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Miss Utah's 2nd chance at the pageant answer that went viral. (Video)
A 19-year-old decides to catch a ride on a whale shark. (Video)
Kim Kardashian gives birth to first child a few weeks early.
Ed Koch planned every detail of his funeral - except one crucial date.