(AP) - Here are some things to watch for at the Democratic National Convention on Tuesday:
1. THE DISAPPOINTMENT CHARGE: How will the first day's speakers address the Republican assertion that President Barack Obama's first term has been a "disappointment"? Will they tackle the notion head on?
2. THE FIRST LADY: Michelle Obama's main goal is to differentiate her husband from his Republican opponent, but she rarely mentions Mitt Romney by name. She'll wrap things up Tuesday night.
3. LONE STAR: The convention's keynote speaker, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, is a rising Democratic star, and some speculate he could become the next governor of Texas _ or even the first Hispanic president.
4. ROMNEY, REMOTELY: What will we hear from the newly minted GOP nominee as his rival has a moment in the spotlight? What will the Republicans' "counter-programming" be during the Democratic convention?
5. THE EMPTY CHAIR: Can Democrats capitalize on Clint Eastwood's unusual pop-culture moment last week, or even make political hay out of it? Or would it be smarter to stay away?
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)