Comment
0
Tweet
0
Print
RSS Feeds

CO poisoning kills 1, injures 1 in Cumberland

Thursday - 1/16/2014, 12:44pm  ET

CUMBERLAND, Md. (AP) -- Police say one man died of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning and a second man was hospitalized in critical condition after the men were painting in a fume-filled Cumberland home.

The Cumberland Times-News reports (http://bit.ly/1ctPFiv ) that the men were found unconscious in a home on Boone Street on Tuesday.

Police said 63-year-old Chester Porter Jr. of Cumberland was pronounced dead at the scene and 67-year-old Ronald Mowery of Ellerslie was taken to Western Maryland Regional Medical Center in critical condition. Porter's body was taken to the Maryland State Medical Examiner's Office for an autopsy to determine cause of death.

A gasoline-powered generator and a kerosene heater were being used inside the unoccupied home where the men were working and police say the carbon monoxide levels become lethal.

___

Information from: Cumberland (Md.) Times-News, http://www.times-news.com/timesnew.html


Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.