WASHINGTON - A few small tweaks could be all it takes to get the sleep of your dreams.
Julia Hu, who runs Lark, a company that makes life- coaching technologies, tells Big Data Download, a partnership of Yahoo! and CNBC, it's possible for people to train their minds to overcome insomnia.
"Insomnia is something that most people can overcome by just understanding their sleep better ... and having the information on what to do next," says Hu.
- Get ready for bed 30 minutes before actual bed time.
- No caffeine after 3 p.m.
- No computers near the bed.
- Try to get sunlight early in the morning.
- Sleep plays critical role in maintaining good health
- What keeps you from getting a good night's sleep?
- Short naps: Best way to stay ahead of sleep deficits
- Poor sleep habits worsen symptoms for female heart patients
- Dr. Drew: Insufficient sleep is an important public health concern
© 2013 WTOP. All Rights Reserved.