CONAKRY, Guinea (AP) -- A witness and the Red Cross in Guinea say that a teenage boy was shot dead during clashes between security forces and opposition marchers in the capital.
Idrissa Bah says the 13-year-old was shot twice by security forces early Saturday, and died from his injuries.
Sory Camara, with the Red Cross, confirmed the teenager's death and said Abdoulaye Sow's body will be taken to the morgue at a nearby hospital. Sory said at least seven others had been injured in clashes yesterday.
The opposition has been holding anti-government protests in the capital, which have turned violent with police also responding with force.
The government released a statement Saturday deploring the violence that has occurred since Feb. 27. It says at least 3 people have been killed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.