YORK, Va. - York County firefighters say a propane leak caused an explosion on a recreational vehicle. A couple and their two grandchildren were badly burned.
The Daily Press ( http://bit.ly/KPcD5I) reports that three campers who heard the explosion at a KOA campground Friday night rushed to the scene and helped three people out of the RV. The boy was found a short distance away. All four suffered second- and third-degree burns.
Camper Michael Frankenthaler, a doctor, wrapped the victims in wet towels to ease the burn wounds. Frankenthaler said more campers came to help, and they worked to make sure the victims didn't go into shock while they awaited transport to a Richmond hospital.
The victims' names and conditions were not released, but Frankenthaler said he was told they were all recovering Sunday.
Information from: Daily Press, http://www.dailypress.com
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Can you guess why this pigeon is the world's most expensive?
Check out the most expensive home for sale in the U.S. (Video)
This fox plays like a cat when he gets his paws on a golf ball. (Video)
While waiting for help, one man chose to entertain himself.