WASHINGTON - The Metro system's much-anticipated Silver Line will be tested this weekend, which will slow things down on the Orange Line.
The testing will continue through system closing on Sunday night. Buses will replace Orange Line trains between East Falls Church and West Falls Church to allow for the testing.
Orange Line trains will operate in two sections:
- Between Vienna and West Falls Church every 20 minutes
- Between East Falls Church and New Carrollton at regular weekend intervals
Last train information on Friday and Saturday nights:
- The last eastbound train will depart the Vienna station 20 minutes earlier than normal, at 2:05 a.m. It will arrive at the West Falls Church station at 2:12 a.m.
- The last train will depart the East Falls Church station at 2:35 a.m., stopping at Metro Center at 2:54 a.m. for connections to the Red Line.
- The last westbound train will arrive at the East Falls Church station at 3:24 a.m. The last train from West Falls Church to Vienna will depart the West Falls Church station at 3:44 a.m.
Last train information on Sunday night:
- The last eastbound train will depart the Vienna station 20 minutes earlier than normal, at 11:05 p.m. It will arrive at West Falls Church at 11:12 p.m.
- The last train will depart East Falls Church at 11:35 p.m., stopping at Metro Center at 11:54 p.m. for connections to the Red Line.
- The last westbound train will arrive at East Falls Church at 12:24 a.m.
- The last train from West Falls Church to Vienna will depart West Falls Church at 12:44 a.m.
Customers using shuttle bus service should allow about 20 minutes of additional travel time.
Follow WTOP on Twitter.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
She can sing, but can she act? Jewel takes on a famous role.
Morgan Freeman can't stay awake during a TV interview. (Video)
Star-studded event raises millions for AIDS research. (Photos)
Clothes have a starring role at the Cannes Film Festival. (Photos)