Tim Bracken, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - Washington Nationals games are scheduled at Nationals Park Friday and Saturday at 7:05 p.m., so watch for delays on South Capitol Street and DC-295/I- 295 near the 11th Street Bridge and Howard Road. Another home ballgame is scheduled for Sunday at 1:35 p.m.
Metro delays will cause more headaches this weekend, especially on the Red Line, which will have three station closures.
The new improved traffic pattern is in place on the Beltway/I-495 LOCAL-THRU Lanes near the Wilson Bridge, but work continues on Telegraph Road. Access to Telegraph Road from the Outer Loop will be blocked for most of the weekend.
Read on for the details, and have a great weekend!
Weekend track work continues on all lines except Yellow. Here's the update from Metro:
- Buses will replace trains between Silver Spring and NoMa-Gallaudet U stations.
- Red Line trains will operate in two segments throughout the weekend: Between Glenmont and Silver Spring, and between NoMa-Gallaudet U and Shady Grove -- every 10 minutes during daytime hours and at regular weekend intervals at other times.
- Takoma, Brookland and Rhode Island Avenue stations will be closed.
- Fort Totten Station will be open for Green and Yellow line service only.
- Delays of at least 50 minutes are expected for travelers using shuttle bus service.
- Customers traveling between Fort Totten and downtown D.C. may wish to consider using Green or Yellow line service to avoid delays.
- Green Line trains will single track between College Park and Greenbelt stations.
- Trains will operate at normal weekend intervals, but every other train will begin/end service at College Park instead of Greenbelt.
- Customers traveling to/from Greenbelt Station should allow up to 15 minutes of additional travel time.
Telegraph Road Interchange
The new lane configuration on the Beltway/I-495 at the LOCAL/THRU lanes split is complete, but construction continues on Telegraph Road.
Starting Friday at 9 p.m. through Sunday at 5 a.m., the ramp from the Outer Loop of I-495 to southbound Telegraph Road/Huntington Avenue/N. Kings Highway will be closed.
Drivers will have to exit to southbound Route 1 to westbound Huntington Avenue for access to Telegraph Road and N. Kings Highway.
Beltway construction update
Overnight paving continues on both loops of the Capital Beltway between I-66 and Georgetown Pike. Expect a minimum of two lanes getting by between 9:30 p.m. and 9 a.m. on Friday and Saturday nights. After midnight, temporary total closures are possible for up to 30 minutes at a time.
Watch out for Friday daytime delays on southbound DC-295 near the 11th Street Bridge and Howard Road as part of the Anacostia Waterfront construction project.
Weather permitting, crews will block the right lane on southbound DC-295 before and after the Howard Road exit between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Sunday street closure in the District
On Sunday between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., 6th Street NW will be closed between P and Q streets. Crews will be on site for a film production, so watch for delays on surrounding streets.
Athleta Iron Girl Columbia Triathlon
Howard County police say drivers can expect major traffic delays Sunday morning on Route 108 near Centennial Park because of the Athleta iron Girl Columbia Triathlon.
Between 7 a.m. and 10:30 Route 108 will be closed to westbound traffic between Ten Mills Road and Centennial Lane. Southbound Centennial Lane from the park entrance to Md. 108 will also be closed.
There will be temporary road closures throughout residential roads along the bicycle course.
Delays can be expected on the following roads:
- Homewood Road
- Folly Quarter Road
- Carroll Mill Road
- Mt. Albert Road
- Cantor Lane
- Jumpers Hill Road
- Triadelphia Road
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)