Tim Bracken, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - Beginning the week of April 23, maintenance crews will be repairing and cleaning the tunnel on Beach Drive in Northwest near the National Zoo. If your regular daytime commute includes Beach Drive between Piney Branch Parkway and the Rock Creek Parkway, here's what you need to know:
- Wednesday, April 25 through Friday, April 27 - Beach Drive NW will be closed between Porter Street and the Rock Creek Parkway.
- Closures will be in place in both directions each day between 9:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Southbound Beach drive traffic will be diverted to Porter Street.
- Northbound Rock Creek Parkway traffic will be diverted at to Cathedral Avenue.
- Message boards will be in place to reroute drivers.
(Copyright 2012 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
Conn. zoo officials don't know how this baby came to be born.
An NFL player relieves himself of his feelings toward the IRS.
A German official says Justin will have to pay for his monkey's care.
How much did a painting of a topless "Golden Girl" fetch?